Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
The first thing your told to chase is your dreams

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ok, back to nervous

It hit me again this morning. No more bed, wife, daughter, or home for a month. I rather enjoy all those things and the thought of being so far away makes me feel a little homesick already. I know once I am on location that feeling will not be so bad, out of sight out of mind type thing. I have not lived alone for quite a number of years so I'll have to get used to it all over again. Funny thing is , when you are single, all you seem to want is to be with someone. Then, you find someone and you don't let go. Eventually you get married or something and that person becomes part of you. It's tough to leave a part of you behind but it makes coming home great. Sometimes you just have to be open to new experiences and hope your family understands.


My last vaccination shot was this morning. Every time I go to the travel clinic I have a different person administering the injection. All have been very nice, the ones that warm up the vaccination fluid are the nicest. Today I have to spray my clothes with Permethrin to keep the insects away while in the jungle. The bottle says "Repels & Kills Ticks, Chiggers, and Mosquitoes. A treatment for clothes. Do not apply to skin". What the hell is a Chigger? How will I know when I see one?? These are obviously dangerous creatures but I've never been warned of them in the past. Is this a new creature caused by global warming and genetic mutation?? I personally think they made that one up to fill space on the bottle label.

I emailed my friend Crystal yesterday to find out how she was doing. She lives in Shanghai and with the recent events I was worried. I was happy to hear she was doing well, shaken but not stirred. Apparently, working on the 31st floor of a tall building gives you a good ride during an earthquake. The death toll at this time stands at over 12,ooo. Remember, this quake lasted more than 3 minuets, this is an insane amount of time for a quake. If any of you have been in one you know that 30 seconds seems like hours. I hope to god the Chinese government responds better than some others.




1 comment:

Cione said...

Hey Carlos I signed on the house tonight. I get the keys on the 15th. Looks like we are going right where we didn't know we were going.I still say your taking the really long way to get out of helping me move. You realize you could have said your daughter or wife gave you list of chores.

By the way, Chiggers dont bite so much as burrow under the skin. Have fun.