Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
The first thing your told to chase is your dreams

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flip Side

I am just confused tonight. I don’t know why and don’t look for the answer. Tonight I vent for a bit and let you draw what you may. I have been trying not to let things get to me. Tonight I think I just may have grown tired. I am worn and need a break. Call me a lazy or call me just about anything but I gotta let some things out.

First there is this blog. I love the idea and what it can turn out to be. There is great promise in everything that is being betrayed here I truly believe. So far I am impressed at what we are getting put down but I had secret ambitions of more comments. I am frustrated at the planning or the lack of knowledge. Here I am trying to stretch out a four paragraph email from Carlos wondering if he is going to be alright and somehow he posts a small novel. When I got his last email I couldn’t believe what I read. Next I couldn’t believe that it is all I would get for a week. I can’t believe what he is going through and yet I still don’t know why. I have to imagine there is something more to it. It is driving me kind of nuts. I can always find the point to something. It doesn’t have to make sense to you, as long as it does for me. I try to learn from mine and other people lives as often as I can. Yet besides the oversimplified answer of we got it good and share the wealth. I mean I knew that before he left.

Next is the whole house moving thing. Today I tried to leave work early and couldn’t. I got to the old house and crap if I didn’t forget my cell phone. Back to work I go. I hate going back once I leave, I always get stuck doing something. Today I got stuck talking about how the company won’t spend a lousy ten thousand dollars. I know in the light of what has been going on with Carlos this seems petty. Remember, my day to day job is still to keep a national companies computer network running. My wife beat me to the house and was ready to go. I immediately went into planning mode and when I got to dinner she said we had leftover pizza. Here I go again comparing to Carlos and feeling selfish but I didn’t want that. I wanted to grab something and get back to paint. You know something that wasn’t a day old.

Ok I admit this is all whining. I know that. I am working on 5 hours sleep and have been up for 17 hours. I get to go to my cushy little King sized bed and be comfortable. At least for the next 5 hours anyway. My luck is the Alarm Company from work will call. Did I mention I also handle Security for the building? It’s amazing what you learn about people when you get paid to keep them out and get them to talk once you let them in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That there is hunger and pain is no surprise that we do nothing about it is pathetic. No one can respectably question the unknown motives of a person; but that the knowledge apparently burns the tongue yet one finds abundant time to criticize the hardships in his or her own life is to invite disrespect to ones dedication and credibility.

I have no reason to doubt the organization’s intentions but there is screaming problem in its practice. The problem is not that people do not know of pain and suffering but that well-meaning people acting to alleviate the pain and suffering are fundamentally misunderstanding the situation.
That this is happening right now in Peru with this organization is immensely important and is without a doubt NEWS. It is not the type of news we get form channel 8 because this news is life and death.

Cione said...

Hey Mike can you do me a favor. Please post more on the one sentence that really intriuges me;

"The problem is not that people do not know of pain and suffering but that well-meaning people acting to alleviate the pain and suffering are fundamentally misunderstanding the situation."