Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
The first thing your told to chase is your dreams

Monday, May 19, 2008

Night of the Knock..... Part III

This was originally written before Carlos posted. Remember we are blind to each other right now. I was trying to get a week out of the last email from him. I almost didnt post it but I decided that I had it and you guys didnt so here you go. Remember my thoughts were written three days ago. I had no knowedge when he would come out of the jungle.

I had never felt so alone in my life as I did that night.


Ok now you calmed me down with that one. What did you miss the most? I had a lot of wise comments but suddenly I feel kind of bad. Seriously I need to know what you missed the most. This is selfish and I know that but for the love of god tell me.


I was angry and confused. My room was hot, stuffy, super small, and filthy. BUT!! I decided that that not going to ruin my trip so this morning I decided to take matters into my own hands.


Slash and burn buddy.


Due to perhaps the only good thing about my last hotel, the slow wi-fi, I found a new hotel based on the recommendations of the Lonely Planet Guide to Peru. Holy shit are they spot on! My new place Hotel Acosta is great! The staff is super cool and the rooms actually have a window. Did I mention my last room did not have a window?!?!?!


Pictures man, where are the pictures? My inside is hurting without pictures.



Actually it did have one that gave me a view of the inside of some sort of ventilation shaft. But back to this new place.... it is actually cheaper than my old hotel, and breakfast is included. The area I am in now is a bit to the west from where I was, a little bit farther than the tourist areas where the street walked and drug dealers hang out.

Tomorrow, the jungle. I am looking forward to getting out of the city and getting to work. Until then, at least I have peace, and a quite door.


Carlos, when you get back let me buy you a beer. Maybe two.

No comments: