Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
The first thing your told to chase is your dreams

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Night of the Knock..... Part I

So here is how it goes. Carlos sent me an email and here is an small part of it. The Blue is him talking and the red is me. If you try to picture any of this in your head then do it in black and white. It’s a foreign film so the titles suck and the translation might be off.

I had a rough night at my hotel, people were loud and some prostitute kept knocking on doors asking for Ben.



So now we know what name he is going by on this little journey.

I opened the door the first time I got the knock (note to self- don't open sleazy hotel doors at 3 in the morning) and saw a face in the dark hallway.

Wait a minute lets think about this. Are you a complete idiot? What would posses you think that opening this door is a good idea. Yeah because now is the time that your old friend Troy from the block will just happen to be in town. I mean maybe its just me but you moron this is probably the first scene to any movie that comes out around holloween. Why didn’t you tell the face to hold on a sec why you got your camera? Would you or anybody else do this in the states let alone Peru?

"Who the hell are you??" I asked in a not so polite manor, "Ben? Is Ben there?" came the voice from the dark hallway.

Good move pissing off the voice. Quick now yell and make a scene. Piss some more people off. This is why we are known as “Stupid Americans”.

My thoughts quickly brought me to the place where all the red flags are waving and I knew this could be bad so I replied "Ben is not here, leave me the f**k alone!" and I tried to close the door.

Once again. You are off to a great start here. I am so glad you picked this amazing cozy little hotel. When you get back remind me to kick you or something. For the love of god why did you open that damn door.




Tried, but she and one other set of hands pushed back.

I am so glad to hear this because another set of hands can hold the camera for you. Everybody say cheese. Who would have ever thought that people banging on the door would have brought some muscle. Next thing you know you’re going to be rocking back and forth vowing to never put down a Best Western again. What are you going to tell me next, that you thought ahead and somehow have a nice safe backup plan. Those cameras don’t have capes.


No comments: