Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
The first thing your told to chase is your dreams

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Too many comparisons

There is always the other side. The side we just don’t see. Today shows such a contrast in the difference between us and them. To get perspective you need to go read a post from Carlos about where he is at in his journey. Read the comments and read who is posting as it instantly changed some of my thoughts about what I was going to say tonight. I was ready to post a write up I had done on the contrasts we were going through. However I have to share some thoughts and wing it.

I had asked about how Carlos’ wife felt about the trip and was amazed that she wasn’t killing him for the mere thought. We talked about his daughter and the conversation to led to family topic in general. I can honestly say that he loves them both. I didn’t think they would care about this blog. It was supposed to be a project about op-ed through art and what we think. We talked about how he and I were going to interact on this project. We didn’t once talk about how we would interact with family. I was supposed to be able to find a post and rant on and offend. I can’t really disagree with something as simple as concern.
It is just another example of the many sides of documenting what goes into both Art and Opinions. So with that I am going to try and go to sleep. I have rewritten this three times. The first was a long drooling rambling about family but I got lost. The second was a lame attempt to show something about poverty and wealth. That went down in flames as well it became pointless.

The third is this. Carlos is in some “Cozy” hotel and I am moving so I have a choice of two houses to sleep in. Different places and different times for different people. While his wife wants him home, I am driving mine to want me gone. It’s crazy. While he experiences poverty most will never see, I walked into a 50,000 square foot home improvement store that could rebuild the town he is in. Crap, here I go again. Maybe you just can’t compare Poverty to wealth.

No comments: